Author, Burning for Freedom

Author, Burning for Freedom
click image for my amazon page or to buy 'Burning for Freedom'

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oh Dear . . . !

Hi, Everyone! Even as I was basking in this glory of my great-grandfather, my aunt added another titbit to my woefully small knowledge-pool of my family.

Ramchandra Sathe had received a gold watch from the British for his investigative efforts in the Nasik Trials.

For a minute I could not grasp all the implications:

·        Nasik Trials were the trials in which Savarkar was put away for 50 years!!

·        My great-grandfather was a Public Prosecutor in Nasik and had played a role in Savarkar’s fate.

·        For which he had received a gold watch from the British. The gold watch is still in my family with my cousin.

I couldn’t think beyond “ulp!” and “oops . . . !” and “Oh dear . . . !” but what to do? It is what it is.

Here I am trying to bring justice to Savarkar, and there was my great-grandfather who was party to one of the injustices inflicted upon him.

C’est la vie!

Anurupa


 

No comments:

Post a Comment